This privacy notice provides you with details of how I collect and process your personal data through your use of my site www.TheCredibilityExpert.com including any information you may provide through my site when you purchase a product or service, or sign up to my newsletter.
By providing me with your data, you warrant to me that you are over 13 years of age.
Krista Powell Edwards, Director of The Credibility Expert Limited is the data controller and I am responsible for your personal data (referred to as “I”, “me” or “my” in this privacy notice).
My full details are:
Full name of legal entity: The Credibility Expert Limited
Email address: Krista@TheCredibilityExpert.com
Postal address: Pendorlan, Pendwll Road, Moss, Wrexham, LL11 6EU
If you are unhappy about any aspect of how I collect and use your data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk).
If you do have a complaint please contact me first, and I will make every effort to resolve it for you.
It is very important that the information I hold about you is accurate and up to date. Please let me know if at any time your personal information changes by emailing me at admin@TheCredibilityExpert.com
What data do I collect about you
Personal data means any information capable of identifying an individual. It does not include anonymised data.
I may process certain types of personal data about you as follows:
- Identity Data may include your first name, maiden name, last name, username.
- Contact Data may include your billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data may include your bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction Data may include details about payments between me and other details of purchases made by you.
- Technical Data may include your login data, internet protocol addresses, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, time zone setting and location, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this site.
- Profile Data may include your username and password, purchases or orders, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data may include information about how you use my website, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data may include your preferences in receiving marketing communications from me and any third parties and your communication preferences.
I do not collect any Sensitive Data about you. Sensitive data refers to data that includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data. I do not collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
How I collect your personal data
I collect data about you through a variety of different methods including:
Direct interactions: You may provide data by filling in forms on my site or by communicating with me by post, phone, email or otherwise, including when you:
- order my products or services;
- subscribe to my publications;
- request resources or marketing be sent to you
- enter a survey
- give feedback.
Third parties or publicly available sources: I may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources as set out below:
- Analytics providers such as Google based outside the EU;
- Search information providers based inside OR outside the EU
- Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services [such as Stripe, PayPal or Free Agent] based inside OR outside the EU.
- Identity and Contact Data from data brokers or aggregators.
- Identity and Contact Data from publicly availably sources such as Companies House and the Electoral Register based inside the EU.
How I use your personal data
I will only use your personal data when legally permitted. The most common uses of your personal data will be:
- Where I need to perform the contract between me.
- Where it is necessary for my legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where I need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
I do not rely on consent as a legal ground for processing your personal data, other than in relation to sending marketing communications to you via email. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by emailing me at admin@TheCredibilityExpert.com
You will receive marketing communications from me if you have:
- requested information from me or purchased goods or services from me; or
- if you provided me with your details and ticked the box at the point of entry of your details for me to send you marketing communications; and
- in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
I will get your express opt-in consent before I share your personal data with any third party for marketing purposes.
You can ask me or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by logging into the website and checking or unchecking relevant boxes to adjust your marketing preferences OR by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or OR by emailing me at admin@TheCredibilityExpert.com at any time.
Where you opt out of receiving my marketing communications, this will not apply to personal data provided to me as a result of a product/service purchase, warranty registration, product/service experience or other transactions.
Change of purpose
If I need to use your personal data for a purpose unrelated to the purpose for which I collected the data, I will notify you and I will explain the legal ground of processing. I may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent where this is required or permitted by law.
Disclosures of your personal data
I may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes set out in the paragraph ‘How I use your personal data’:
- Service providers who provide IT and system administration services.
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services.
- HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities based in the United Kingdom and other relevant jurisdictions who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.
I require all third parties to whom I transfer your data to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. I only allow such third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with my instructions.
I have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, I limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know such data. They will only process your personal data on my instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
I have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where I am legally required to do so.
I will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes I collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, I consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which I process your personal data and whether I can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
By law I have to keep basic information about my customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they cease being customers for tax purposes.
In some circumstances you can ask me to delete your data: see below for further information.
In some circumstances I may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case I may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Your legal rights
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. These include the right to:
- Request access to your personal data.
- Request correction of your personal data.
- Request erasure of your personal data.
- Object to processing of your personal data.
- Request restriction of processing your personal data.
- Request transfer of your personal data.
- Right to withdraw consent.
You can see more about these rights at: ttps://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-thegeneral-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please email me at admin@TheCredibilityExpert.com
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, I may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, I may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
I may need to request specific information from you to help me confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. I may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up my response.
I try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take me longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, I will notify you and keep you updated.
Third party links
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you.
I do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave my website, I strongly encourage you to read the privacy notice of each website you visit.